Saturday, August 4, 2012

Camp Nanowrimo ~

Camp NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) - A writing event that is like NaNoWriMo only it is held in the summer months of July and/or August. It is where you try to write 50 thousand words in a single month.


Today is day four of Camp NaNoWriMo, and today I'm supposed to have about... 6452 words according to the calendar that I made.

(Click for a larger version)
And right now, I currently have about 8,061 words. It's not a lot for those who has done Nanowrimo before, but it's a lot to me. I'm pleased with myself for even having that much words in just a short amount of time, considering that I've never tried to write 50 thousand words before.



And Camp Nanowrimo or plain old Nanowrimo lets you do that. Just write fifty thousand words of your novel (or poetry, or script, or whatever), without really worrying about what is going on the page. It's nice because the book that you have been wanting to write for years is now suddenly out on paper free from your  head. So if you love writing and want a book that was written by you, then I recommend doing Nanowrimo, and if you're a bit impatient and want to start now, then start now. It isn't too late to join Camp Nanowrimo, though you'll have a lot of words to catch up on.


0 comments:

Post a Comment