Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A kiss?

I am tired today, I nearly fell asleep in my class after lunch. Sure the guy is cool and all, but why talk about stuff that we already know. Well I'm rambling again, here is today's story. School isn't much inspiration, tomorrow I should ask my friends what I should write about they are random... used to, or it's hidden. Well I'm rambling again, this time here's the story.


It all started with a soda pop incident. Then a kick and a fight which ended with a kiss; then that just resulted us to go back to normal, which was ignoring each other. And yet as I’m starting it…
“Hello? Are you in there, Bradon?” asks my only friend who happens to be a geek. I shake my head, trying hard to ignore the nostalgia that is starting to form in the pit of my stomach. “You know, a flying trombone is heading towards you right now, and if you don’t open your eyes you’re not going to dodge it in time.” I do as he says, and find that there’s no trombone anywhere, just blue skies, and the regular outside world. It was as usual at this time of day, filled with noise, and smells of the lunches from the school. I can see my friend’s concerned face out of the corner of my eyes, I force a smile so he won’t get too much concerned.
“It was nothing, I was just thinking about the… homework we had to do for Aulexim’s,” I lie.
“Yeah right,” and out of the corner of my eye I see him smirking. “You were thinking about her again, weren’t you,” and I couldn’t help but blush, as it was true. We lapsed into silence, and I could tell that a plan was forming in his mind. But before I can ask him about it, he helped me up and literally dragged me across the grass and into the school garden before pushing me so I fell. By the time I got up, he was just gone. It was as if a ghost was just here. I chuckle quietly dusting myself off, and was about to turn myself around to walk back to the lunchroom when I heard a noise behind me, I pause and slowly turning around, only to find… nothing.
“What are you doing here?” growls a familiar voice behind me. The hairs on my neck were tingling, as fear were spreading up to settle on my body, and yet my heart was pounding, my stomach in pleasant twists. I don’t bothering to turn around, because I’ll most likely get slugged. And hard.
“I was just... looking around; you know to enjoy the scenery. I’m going to leave now,” I say, smirking a teensy bit. Turning left, and, putting a foot forward, then another and another, till I was walking back towards the lunchroom.
“No wait!” I stop, not daring to turn around. I hold my breath waiting for her to catch up with me. The grass making a soft thumping sound, for every step she takes; till she was standing in front of me, an apology in her brown eyes. We were just a couple of inches apart, most likely a foot (once you start hanging around a geek a lot you start to calculate everything, which is a bit annoying.) We didn’t say anything; it was just the small breeze, making me smell her natural earthy perfume. It made my heart almost pop out of my chest.
“Well what?” and I was surprised that the words came out bitter instead of curious. The apology was replaced with hardness, as she shakes her head slowly as if waking up from a dream.
“I was just going to apologize, but guess that’s not worth is,” she says starting to walk off haughtily.
“Wait,” I say surprising both her and myself as I catch up to her, and take her hand and turn her around.
“What?” and this time she says it with such tenderness, that if possible would make me melt into a slushy love struck puddle.  
“It’s just that I forgive you for your apology, and this,” and before neither of us can object I start to kiss her on the mouth. She didn’t try to pull away, and neither did I. This was unlike the first time, when she was so surprised she didn’t kiss me back till the last minute only to pull away. This was lingering, and soft. Once we pulled apart to take a deep breath, we both knew one thing.
Love. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment