Monday, August 29, 2011

The War of P.E

While I was walking around the gym with my friends (couldn't sit down, and I didn't feel like playing any of the three different sports). We nearly got hit with a soccer ball with a couple of times. Once or twice with a basketball, and not much with an hockey puck. It reminded me of dodge ball, which I'm glad we didn't do yet...


Balls flying, kids running, and screams were heard everywhere.
This was the war of P.E.
            It all started with a ‘simple’ game of dodge ball, which still hasn’t stopped. So far, the score was 101-95, and I was on the losing side. Food was hard to come by, and it was only for the survivors. The people that couldn’t get out the door each day simply didn’t eat. There always seemed to be an unlimited amount of balls. Each time they replace it, well let’s just say it wasn’t regular nerf balls anymore. But it was starting to turn into light wooden balls; soon it might turn into light metal balls. The winners, gets the best protection, while the losers gets the remains. Bruises were starting to become a regular thing.
            Each and every day, everyone goes to school to get ready for another war of dodge ball. Each and every day, they say we’re learning math and all that, but it seemed more like a game of survival. Plus more like training to be a soldier. Once the clock ticks down to three o’clock, we’re free to go. Go home to our ‘tents’ and tell our parents of the news that was happening on the war each day. And if some of us were lucky, we might get sponsored, or at least given some money, so we can bribe the principal not to let us play today’s game. It usually worked, but it usually meant having to work in the infirmary to treat the person that has the most serious bruise. Rarely was there anyone with a broken arm or leg. If there was, the person responsible for it was thrown into jail for a couple of days. Only were they allowed to get out to go home, to get his or her parents to sign the paper saying what he or she done.
            There was just one rule and that was survive, which I should be doing right now. Currently I’m hiding behind the bleachers, which are where the minor injuries are treated, as well as the people who got out for that round. I should be out there right now, throwing balls, trying to win for my team, but I couldn’t because I have a secret to tell. A secret that I shall burn up just as soon as school lets out for the day. A secret that none of my team members should know. And that is…
            I love one of the peoples on the enemy’s side.
A person, I shall not name just in case someone happens to pick up the paper I was writing. And it is a person that is one of the strongest of them all. And a person that was dead set on killing me, or at least making me severely injured so I can’t play for the rest of the year. And he seemed like the type of person willing to get expelled for it as well.
            But why?

            





0 comments:

Post a Comment