Friday, March 30, 2012

A book post

So you're a writer looking to improve your writing? Well, I would recommend a site (under writing links, it's invinsible not unless you scroll over it), but what if you didn't want to go on that site at the moment. What if you feel like picking up a book and read. Then, I would recommend a writing book, of course. Since this is a writing site. However, there's a bunch of books on writing. And I've only really read two of them, the rest I have yet to read.
So here's a writing book that I would recommend. It's easy, to get into and goes to the details a bit fast. It's also fun and interesting, and has some good writing tips in there.
It is...

Goodreads summary:

This is a hip how-to handbook on writing and publishing for aspiring young writers. In a fun, informative style, the authors show kids how to practice and improve their writing, get published, and maybe even become famous in the process. The book contains practical advice and cool insights from real kid authors. Writer wannabes will learn:



-- how to begin a career in writing


-- ways to explore the genres of poetry, journalism, fiction, and nonfiction


-- where to find inspiration for stories


-- how to approach publishers and get published


-- how to improve writing through creative exercises


Also included are profiles of ten young authors whose real-life successes send the message that getting one's work published is indeed possible.


My thoughts: It's written for teenagers, but I guess adults can use it too. It's fast to read and easy. There's some great tips in there. So if you want something that's fast and easy to read go get this book. And try the writing exercises as well.
It really helped me get into my kind of writing career, and learn what it takes to be a writer. I also learned what to do if I wanted to get my writing published. So as I said before go get it.




0 comments:

Post a Comment