Friday, April 13, 2012

Something tiring

The other day, I compiled my poems that I wrote for April poetry month and put it all on figment. The link for it is here, so go check it out if you want. 
Also I've decided that I won't post every poem that I write for the Poem a day challenge on WRITER'S DIGEST. Simply because, the posts are usually a bit long, and some poems in my opinion are kind of embarrassing to post in a way. Plus, it's a bit time consuming (not unless you're a really fast reader), and you guys have lives, places to go, business to do.
So without further ado, I'm going to post number twelve


12. Something tiring

The boring text of a textbook
The same rant from your teacher
The same gossip from your so-called friends
The same hatred between your enemies
The same competition between your rivals
The same white walls in your room
The same people you’ve lived with since childhood
The same feelings that flutter around violently whenever he’s there
The same smile that starts to light up your whole world
The same eyes
The same nose
The same mouth
But a different boy
A different day
And a different moment

The same things you do day after day
Surviving in a world where there’s always
Something tiring to do
Only there are not the same feelings
Not the same tears
Not the same smiles
Not the same screams
Not the same gasps
Not the same actions
Not the same thoughts
Not the same people
Not the same time
Not the same day

There’s not the same you,
Surviving each tiring day


 P.S. If you were wondering why some of the words looked funny, in the introduction part, it was because I was trying to make it look like the words on their main page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment