Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Two, three more poems, please?

Day two of poetry month
2. Visitor 

De thump de thump
The beating of my heart felt
Unfamiliar

Conk, thump, conk
My footsteps felt
Heavy

My hands were
Sweaty
My eyes
Unblinking

As I took a slow step
Forward
The door looking less and less
Like a
Safe haven
And more like
Hell

For a minute
I wondered if I should have
Turned around
Too late now
I think to myself
As I finally reach the door

Thump, thump, thump
My knocking sounded like
Thunder
During a stormy night

Silence then…
The click of a lock
Opening
Then the soft creak of an
Opening door

As my eyes started to
Close
And then I felt something
Falling
Into familiar
Arms
~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Day three of poetry month
3. I'm sorry/ I'm not sorry

I’m sorry for being so unapologetic
I’m sorry for being so uncaring
I’m sorry for abandoning you in your time of need
I’m sorry for having ever met you

I’m not sorry for having met you
I’m not sorry for you being the way you are
I’m not sorry for you having abandoned me
I’m not sorry for being your friend

I’m still sorry for having you in my life
I’m sorry for having you around my violent ways
I’m sorry for being your friend

I’m not sorry for still having you in my life
I’m not sorry for hanging around you
I’m still not sorry
So please stop apologizing

I’m sorry
I'm not
~.~.~.~.~
Day four of poetry month
4. 100% Dad

Vietnamese
American
Hard working
Tired
Happy
Frowny
Angry
Determined
Tall
Lazy
Human
My dad
100%




0 comments:

Post a Comment