Tuesday, February 7, 2012

1. Introduction




A new beginning
A new introduction
A new restart
As she attempts to do something challenging again

A sincere apology is on the tip of her tongue
It quickly goes away with the glare of “many”
Followers
Viewers
Readers
Lovers
Haters
Writers
And other people of the sort
“Where were you?”
“Why didn’t you post?”
Etc. etc.
Their yells and accusations drilling holes through her head
As her ears starts to disappear

Words sticking on her tongue but protesting to never come out
So her hands start to do all the work
As she attempts to start anew
Sorry, sorry, sorry
She says over and over again
Let’s make amends?
She says next
“Why?”
They say back
                I sigh as my brain starts to close up on me again. The word why starts to stare back at me. In its steady, motionless way, teasing me to continue the rest of the poem. Only what poem?
                “All it is is a piece of written junk that people don’t really read,” I say out loud to the empty room. As my voice starts to ring in my ear minutes after I said the words out loud.
                “A piece of junk is what it is. So what’s the point of finishing it and posting it online? Where it’s surely to get ignored by everyone in the blogging atmosphere.”  The question hangs in the air for a minute; the answer obvious in my eyes. My hands quickly type out the last of the words quickly figuring out the answer to my question. “I’m apologizing for my absence no matter how long or short it was… that is there’s anyone left. So sorry?”
                I smile a bit as I finish the poem off with one that might have an affect with the internet people, or most likely just me.
So let’s have an introduction restart, please?
               





0 comments:

Post a Comment