Saturday, February 18, 2012

A picture that isn't worth a thousand words

But the picture is worth a three hundred ninety one word story
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I laugh feeling the lightest I have ever been in a long time. The sun shines brightly having not a single care in the whole universe. The grass below my feet feels soft and greener than anything else I have seen in my life. I spin around letting my skirt fly around me, only to end up tripping over a rock and falling backwards into a pair of unfamiliar arms.
                I look up and see a pair hazel eyes staring down into my brown ones.  A dazzling smile saying words that I can’t hear, till he says it the second time around. “Whoa there,” he says in an accent I can’t quite identify, “are you okay?”
                “Yeah,” I say a bit quickly, “sorry.” A small smile escapes my lips.
                “It’s okay,” he says. His arms are still around me making me a bit uncomfortable, and I wonder if he is going to set me back on my feet or not.
                “So how’s your visit to the Eiffel Tower?” I ask to break the silence that was starting to grow.
                “Très bien, though I haven’t been to the top of it yet,” he says slightly dejected.
                “Oh, well I haven’t been up there either… want to go?”
                “Really?” he says his hazel eyes bright. His smile becoming joyful like a little kid getting everything they have ever wanted on its birthday.
                “Yeah, though there’s a condition.”
                “And what may that be?”
                “Let me get my violin first.”
                “Deal, though Selina?”
                “Yes?” I say confused as how he knew my name.
                “Selina?”
                “Yes?”
                “Wake up,” says a voice that’s not coming from the guy that’s holding me. Everything starts to shake; only nothing appears to damage.
                “Selina, wake up,” says the voice again becoming more and more insistent. I can feel my body roll over refusing to wake up. The voice sighs, and says something else that I can’t quite understand.  The shaking continues causing the Eiffel Tower setting to disappear before my eyes leaving only darkness behind.
                “Selina?” says an entirely different voice. And I had a feeling he was nearby not daring to shake me awake like what another voice is still doing. My eyes open and I find myself staring into a pair of brown eyes much like my own.
                “Hello,” I mutter groggily, a small smile on my lips. 




1 comments:

Ovais said...

This is interesting.
You added some Spanish words in as well, I see.
I like it :)

Post a Comment