Monday, October 10, 2011

10/4/11

Do you notice the the zodiac in it?


                Candy! It was actually raining candy! Well that’s what I wanted it to do once I found out that hell was going to open up right in front of me, and my own friends were actually going to make me jump right in. (I know that it should have been a tornado to take me, but wouldn’t you want your last day to end nicely?) Well here were the exact words that were said once I found out that I was going to hell.
                “Oh Mari, it won’t be that bad, I’m sure you’re dance partner won’t be that much worse off than you” and that bought on a wave of giggles  from my girlfriends as if that was the most funniest thing in the world. I sigh and roll my eyes at them immaturely.
                “Guys,” a wave of glares went my way, “Girls,” I say correcting myself. “It isn’t just the ballroom dancing class that you signed me up for without really asking my consent first, it’s just that… I have a ton of homework, and babysitting gigs that my mom signed me up for, so I won’t-”
                “You’re lying Mari, you don’t like babysitting,” said my friend Jinni.
                “And plus your mom won’t sign you up for them, and plus you don’t have that much homework in your classes,” said Jinni’s twin aka my other friend Tania. I sigh, knowing it was hard to lie to any of the other eleven girls here. We’ve been the group of twelve since the school year started, drawn together for various odd reasons.  And we’ve been together ever since, even when Lisa started dating, and later Candace.
                “Well just explain to me why I have to take ballroom dancing with you guys,” as soon as the words left my mouth, everyone started talking at once that it was hard to listen to the reasons.
                “It would be a fun group activity,” said Pieces always thinking up of activities we can do together.
                “Dancing is healthy,” said Sara, our personal nutritionist.
                “And you need to keep healthy for your soccer tryouts next spring,” said Ariel, a big soccer fan like me.
                “Its fun,” said Lea, our group’s taciturn.
                “And plus I think it’s time for us to get a boyfriend,” says Aquaria, our group’s matchmaker. And when she said that, I must have visibly paled.
                “No, I don’t want to date anyone, especially after, Sanders,” just saying his name again made my heart ache even though it’s been a four full months since we broke up.
                “But Mari, Aquaria said that the stars are right, and if we’re lucky, this time it will be good,” said Selena in a firm, almost quiet voice.
                “But...” I tried to think of a reason why I shouldn’t do this ballroom thing.
                “Oh please?” begged Capri our littlest in the group, and it was hard to say no to her.
                “Oh fine, I’ll do it,” I sigh relenting to it. A loud cheer went up, but a sickening feeling was starting to form in the pit of my stomach, as if something bad was going to happen and it’s heading straight for us.

 

    



0 comments:

Post a Comment