Friday, October 7, 2011

9/29/11

This is my main characters in the current novel I'm writing. I wondered a bit about what she would do if she was in a realistic fiction novel.


                It was a sunny day, a perfect kind of day not to be inside the boring house. The house in which the owner constantly sleeps in during the weekends, and not bother to give the occupants the attention they deserve. Not unless it was training day, then it was the only day where she gave us full attention, even if that attention proved to be almost deadly. And I had a feeling that today was one of those training days, and I just had to get out of here or else I’ll probably die. So I slipped out of my turquoise covers, and onto the soft white floor, picking up my clothes along the floor that was still there from that certain day, in which the owner and I got into a big fight that left her in a couple of bruises.
                After quickly changing into my regular shorts and tee shirt, I crossed several corridors to the boy’s dorms. It was calming to know that the owner had to go to her school, to learn all the basics and all that, because at least it meant that she won’t be home in a couple of hours. Meaning that the training won’t start after that, or else it would have been another bad day. When I finally reached a certain closed door that’s the middle one in the left, my heart started to pound quickly. My stomach started to feel like a dozen of exotic rain forest butterflies was fluttering quickly doing their usual exercise whenever I was near him I didn’t hear the vacumbot, coming my way till it was five feet away from me, and everyone knew that they had cameras recording what goes on in this house that goes straight to her. So without risking to get caught again, I opened the door in front of me, and stepped inside quickly closing it. And thankfully I didn’t get caught, or else extra training for me, which would most likely mean hello crazy.
                “Who’s there?” said Rain quickly sitting up in his bed, causing the blanket to fall towards the floor. He looked worse than ever, with his face an unhealthy snowy pale, and prominent dark circles under his eyes, even his forest green eyes seem a bit dull of life. And that worried me, because it seems like each time we go to the training room, he gets worse.
                “Rain lay back down, please?” I say walking over to him to make sure he does that. He does grateful for the comfort of his bed. “Now tell me what’s wrong this time?” I ask wishing my power to mind read wasn’t on lock down.
                “Oh Beth, it was nothing,” he says attempting to lie.
                “No it wasn’t, nothing, look at you, you’re paler than ever, and I’m afraid in a few days, you might…” I trail off; my throat constricting as I realize it’s true. If he keeps this up he just might die. And I’ll most likely die without him here.
                “Okay fine, it wasn’t, nothing, it was just nightmares again,” he says attempting a small feeble smile.
                “Will you tell me about them?” I ask lying down on the bed next to him, next to his warm body.
                “I-I can’t,” his voice shakes a bit, and I give him a soft kiss to calm him down.
                “Why not exactly?”
                “Because, I will die if I tell, and she really will do it, no matter how accidental,” he whispers, not a hint of emotion in his voice. For a minute we didn’t say anything for a while, his arms wrap around me, and I don’t bother to push them away. A single thought coming to my mind, blinking on and off demanding me to do it.
Kill her.

Pour ĂȘtre continuĂ©.





0 comments:

Post a Comment