Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Last Friday's


                “He was being an idiot, and I completely fell for it,” I admitted to Angelina. My throat felt tight, and my heart constricted painfully as I remembered what just happened exactly a week ago.
                “Guys are idiots, sometimes sweet idiots, or even mean idiots, but…” she trails off unable to finish her sentence. She continues hugging me, and I was grateful for that, because it seemed that everywhere I go, I would break, the memories of the two of us flooding back to me.
                “But what, Angelina?” I ask a bit curious.
                “But… you just have to give them a chance, even if they broke your heart so badly so. Now get on home, or else your mama is going to worry sick about you,” she says hesitantly breaking the embrace. I nod and do as she says, after locking the front door, and looking for a pen and paper. I do what my hand has been itching to do for the past week, and that was write a poem. Only I couldn’t till now because it felt as if I really will break into a million pieces, but I forced my shaky hands to write the words anyways.

I waited for you to come back.
Only you never came.
I waited for one of your witty sarcastic responses about why you were gone.
Only you never said one.
I waited for you.
Did you wait for me?
I missed your smiles.
Only you never showed one ever again.
I missed your surprise kisses, so sweet and lingering
Only you never gave one to me ever again.
I missed having your arms around me; it was like my personal lifeline.
Only now they’re wrapped around someone else’s.
Someone taller
Someone more graceful
Someone prettier than me
I missed having you.
Did you miss me?
But most of all I miss my heart.
That only you seemed so caring enough to rip it into a million pieces.
And I know that I should hate you for that.
But
I
Simply
Can’t.




0 comments:

Post a Comment