Thursday, September 22, 2011

The 9/22/11

The last one, that I just posted was for yesterday, which I didn't have time to post because of school and stuff. Well here is today's story.


            “Hey wait up,” I said trying to catch up to Jenna. We were over the boundary line of the kingdom, Boredom. And for once in my whole life did I realize just how much of the world there really is. And I was just bored to actually want to learn about it all. The green tress loomed up around us, and each green leaf, every crawling and flying insect, each blade of grass opened my eyes a bit more to what’s really around me. The longer, I stayed out here, the more I’ll most likely become less boring, and more… adventurous. And I had a small feeling that I’ll actually like being non-boring.
            “Oh come on Mangus, you slow poke!” she yelled back at me, but at least stopping, so I can catch up. I roll my eyes, and tediously hop over the stones, that are around us, wanting a bit to irritate her. “Oh come on! You know we don’t have much time!” I sigh and hops off the stone I was just on, and run up to her.
            “There you happy now?” I ask. She nods, and was about to take off, before I grab her hand.
            “Now what is it this time?” she sighs, a whiny edge to her voice. But at least she didn’t pull away, but I did. For some reason the longer I was out in the forest with her, away from Boredom, I was starting to really feel some stuff that I never thought was possible. Even my heart was quickly beating not really knowing the answer to it as well. I was starting to miss the numb feeling I had while in Boredom, at least everything was typical. “Mangus, are you okay? You’re zoning out again,” she says bringing me back to reality.
            “Uhhh, yeah I am I was just… umm, thinking. So where are we going anyways?” I say quickly, a small unknown flush crawling up my neck.
            “Somewhere,” was simply all she said.
            “Umm, okay. And when are we going to go back?” there was an unknown longing in my voice, which I tediously found odd.
            “Soon,” she said, and then she took off running, while I tried to catch up to her. It felt like hours later when we reached our destination, even though it was most likely a few minutes. I stop and look around, the trees tall loom over us, but farther away, for in front of me was a big clear body of water. It was a quarter of the town square. Still it was pretty, and it aroused a feeling that was most likely excitement deep inside of me.
            “Where are we?” I ask, noticing a small disturbance in the pond.
            “Mangus, welcome to the place I like to explore,” she says squeezing my hand tightly. I nodded, walking a few steps closer to the pond the disturbance looked like diamonds. And I needed diamonds.
            You’re such an idiot! You don’t need diamonds, you’re already plenty content with what you have! My brain was yelling to my body, but my body didn’t listen. If I reach far enough, I might be able to stop it.
            “Mangus, don’t you dare…” she was trailing off; I can feel something tugging me back. But I wasn’t listening; I reached the edge, and quickly scooped down to touch the diamond. That was bad, because I felt myself being thrown about; I look around and see Jenna doing the same. An angry expression was on her face. I shrug helplessly, but before I can say anything, a pair of unnaturally bright light was flashing into my eyes. And instantly I knew that we weren’t in the forest or even in Boredom, but somewhere else entirely different.
           
            “Umm, are you awake Bradon?” asks Katy gently poking me. And I don’t bother to wake up, because I had a feeling that there was also someone else on the stage, someone unexpected. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment