Thursday, September 1, 2011

Up

It is picture day. Yay! (The yay was sarcastic by the way. I'm not really a photogenic person, but I survived getting blinded from all the camera flashes from the other photos.) And on my way back to class, I looked , and the skylight reminded me of the sky, which reminded me of the movie Up. 


            Up, it was the only way to go. Up into the clouds, only to float away, black and white balloons carry her away. Far, far away from this boring place.
            I felt someone shake me awake. And for a while, I don’t bother to open my eyes. I didn’t want to face the reality of school, not now, not yet, and not ever. “Mia,” says a familiar voice poking me in the ribs.
“What do you want Rose?” I grumble back, still not bothering to open her eyes.
“I want you to come with me, to the bathroom, so I can see if I have any hairs sticking out, and make sure my makeup is fine,” I start to tune her out, as my brain starts wondering just exactly how vain she has become this summer. “Hello, Mia, are you listening?” she says in a bit whiney voice.
“Yeah, I’m listening, and no I don’t want go to the bathroom. You already look extraordinary,” I sigh, my eyes still closed.
“Yeah right, you’re just saying that because you’re my friend. And you don’t even have your eyes open,” she says in a pouty voice.
“No it’s true,” I say telling the truth. In comparison, I’m just a plain village girl living in the sewers while she’s the rich supermodel princess. “Now go away, so I can go back to dreaming,” I say, dismissing her with a gesture of my hand.
“Fine, but who know is coming,” she says the last part in a sing songy voice, but I didn’t hear for I was starting on the highway to dreamland. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment