Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mesa

I forgot to go to the meeting today, but I did get the form before school. So that will count right?
For those of you who doesn't know what MESA is, just google it. It stands for math, engineering, science achievement, I think.


            Math, nerds, geeks, and the amusement park, to her and her friends that is what they think MESA is about.
            “First meeting, is today in room 102,” said the principal through the intercom, “Be there after school before three!” she says before the thing clicked off, sending a wave of silence through the whole room. She sighs, putting her book away, back into her bag. Mesa, mesa, mesa, it was all anyone can talk now days.
            What’s so important about it, anyways? She thinks to herself, as the boys next to her started to talk all about it. Sure, it’s a new club and all that, and sure, you can go to state. But what do you do? You just build useless stuff that won’t help you in life. Oh why did I promise my friends that I decided to go to that meeting with them. I’m going to be a photographer when I grow up not an engineer. She sighs again, as she starts to draw light little circles on her desk, her thoughts muddled around the term MESA.
            “Hey Emmy, you are going to go to that meeting today are you?” asks her friends, Lisa.
            “Yeah, yeah, I wouldn’t want to miss it to the world,” she says forcing a smile onto her lips. No! I didn’t want to go, but I’m doing it for you guys. Jeez, who knew it was hard to please people now days. That’s what she wanted to say actually, but she kept her tongue tight, because she didn’t want to hurt her friend’s feelings.
            “Great, I’ll see you after school, and meet me by my locker or be squared,” and her friend started to laugh hilariously as if it was the funniest joke in the world. But Emmy just rolled her eyes, and went back to doodling little circles on her desk waiting for the bell to ring. She was trying to think of ways to ditch, fake a sickness so she can go home early anything. But underneath all that, she was secretly hoping it will be fun.





0 comments:

Post a Comment