Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Another Artica Story


            I wake up from the nightmare. I was hyperventilating badly; my breathing was broke up by unshed sobs. Tears slide down my pale icy face, as my mind continues to flash the nightmare, over and over again. My people were dying, the ice dragons being burnt to death. Puddles were what are left of everyone gone. Everyone that I cared about was just gone, in that destruction. My whole home was destroyed, my father’s face ashen as he knew he was going to be next. The screams were still in my head, everything was melting. And all for what?
            I couldn’t even go back to Bionova, if when it happened. Where the hell would I find a fairy in the first place to teleport me here? It was rare, very rare to find one now days. Despair and sadness stuck to me like glue, my tears were dropping steadily onto the silk blanket. I truly feel alone right now on Earth.
            “Artica?” asks Cyrus, from over by the doorway. I don’t look up at him; in fact, I didn’t notice him walk to my room. My sadness seemed to have muffled my senses; it was almost as if it was holding me prisoner, and for once, I didn’t even care. I can hear him sigh as he walks silently up to my bed, and sit on the edge of the bed not that far from me. And for a while, it was just me and him, breathing, and crying. Not an inch of comfort was to be found.
            “H-he…” I trail off, unable to finish whatever I was going to say.
            “Don’t tell if you don’t want to,” he says. I can feel him inching a bit closer to me, but doesn’t make a move to comfort me. So through my sadness, I grabbed for the closest lifeline and that was his hand. He could have pulled away, in fact, it would be more appropriate if he did pull away, but he didn’t, and I was glad. His hand was scorching hot under mine, nearly enough to possible melt it. And yet it didn’t. We were complete opposites that were attracted to each other, in unimaginable ways. His dark eyes were warm, as the tears stopped flowing.
            At least there was one thing that hasn’t been under destruction yet, and that was him. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment