Tuesday, September 6, 2011

An except from the prequel for Immortality Doesn't Exist.

Wow that was a lot to say, for a title. And the top floor should turn up the temperature a bit, it almost feels like the ice age, which by the way is when the MC (Artica) was born. It was also a good thing that I was wearing that jacket. Or I might have been a frozen very realistic, painted ice statue.


Cold, it was so very cold.
            That was my first thought, when I first opened my eyes in this new world. My quick baby dragon eyes were able to perceive everything around me. A white ceiling was up ahead, white walls holding it all up, while the white snow was the base of it all. And up in a little ice crib where a Chinese baby ice dragon was watching it all. Far, so very far that it looked like a thin line was blue and little did my baby mind did know that the blue was the sky. Blue and white, blue and white, blue and white were the only colors that I knew for the moment. Little did I know was that it was going to impact me in a large way. But while I was looking at the ice age world around me, I just had a feeling that I was going to be very different from the other ice dragons. This was weird for a fourteen-hour dragling to feel.
            “What a cute little dragon. All the scales in the right place, the whiskers perfectly combed, the spikes gleaming perfectly. This should be typical for being the daughter of me, the prettiest dragon in the whole race. Now you just need a name, and I shall call you... Artica. Hmm… perfect considering the environment we live in,” said a female voice, which I shall know as my mother.
            “Yeah, a very cold environment, that will never change. It shall be that way for the end of time,” announced my father in a proud voice. I just looked up at them with curious eyes, cooing at my name. Artica a Chinese ice dragon that will be different from the rest.
            “Yeah, better than being warm,” my mother scoffs. “It shall this way for a very, long time.”
            Little did I know they were wrong. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment