Saturday, September 3, 2011

Human Again

Yesterday, I was a bit tired to write, but here it is today. A Saturday which certainly wasn't a school day, but at least I felt like typing it up onto my computer, and posting it here. How ironic, I didn't post my story up last Friday as well, let's hope it won't turn into a daily thing. And p.s there's 170 more stories left till next summer, for those of you curious how many stories are left. (180ish stories in all, for 180 school days for me)


            Tacos again
            Pizza again    
            Subway again for lunch.
Human again, wasn’t at all I expected to be. Oh being human again for five weeks, was all head over heels confusing. In fact, it was probably easier being an immortal beast for the last three centuries, than being a pitiful mortal human. At least then, I had claws and teeth to defend myself from danger, here being human again, you had feeble hands that wasn’t even strong enough to defend a person from a carriage car attack. I shuddered at the memory that was from a month ago, a memory of when I have finally gotten out of that musty, safe castle. It was then that I learned how the world changed, into something more technological advanced, dirtier, as well as scary. It was also then, that I knew I was like everyone else, more fragile, making it easier for death to access you from all sides. I sigh, as I stuff down the strange chips with yucky toppings, in which Mari(belle) had called nachos. She must have noticed, for then she stopped talking to her never-ending gabbing friend, and looked up at me, concern in her pretty blue eyes.
“What’s wrong, Trev?” she asks in her quiet yet clear voice. It was a bit hard to hear her voice, since the lunchroom was a clamorous place, full of danger everywhere and yet no matter where we were, she was the only voice I can hear.
“Nothing,” I say stuffing another chip into my mouth, even though I wasn’t that hungry. She just looked up at me, a persistent look in her eyes, as she knew there was a lot going on in my thoughts that didn’t mean the word nothing. I sigh again, and resist the urge to play with her golden honey hair, which would as usual annoy her a bit. So I concluded to tell her what’s in my head. “I was just thinking about how feeble it is being human again,” I say quietly so no one around us can guess at the meaning of my words. Only two other people in the world know the truth and that is her and Mrs. Johnson. She sighs, and without words her eyes tells me that I’m just being silly, and that being human again isn’t feeble. Then with my eyes, I tell her to remember the car accident. She visibly grimaced, and then afterwards gave me a sheepish grin.
“See I told you so,” I say mussing up her hair. She rolled her eyes and unconsciously started to put her hair back into place.
“It would explain why the need to have weapons. Since we’re lacking some ourselves.”
“Weapons that are easier to carry around if it’s naturally part of your body,” I say back remembering my claws. And how useful it would have been at the accident.
“Yeah, if only everyone had that around,” she says reading my mind.
“If only this was a fairy tale,” I whisper a bit wistfully.
“A Grimm Brother’s fairy tale, one that has you.” I smile, and grab her hand and as quick as lightning pull her in for a quick kiss before anyone of the nosy teachers can catch us.





0 comments:

Post a Comment