Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Falling, falling

An excerpt from the second book of Immortality Doesn't Exist. Who's title I shall not announce yet. Funny thing is I still haven't written the second book yet (So close to the ending of IDE, so I might start in Decemberish). And I swear my MC, Beth Angelina Dovens, is somehow haunting this and the last story. I think she's trying to tell me....
GO BACK TO WORKING ON THE NOVEL. (My novel by the way)


Twirling, twirling
In a tree
Falling, falling
That’s. The. End. Of. Me.
The poem still plays in my head. It has been months from when I first heard it, when I had to…
I close my eyes as I try to suppress the memories from coming down to knock down on that carefully constructed wall. The wall which I so carefully built not to let most of the memories from that quest haunt me. It haunted my dreams, in my life, in nearly everything. I also didn’t want to deal with that lying, fake, cheating, not-really-him, antagonist. He was the only person that I couldn’t even destroy, not unless I wanted a part of my heart that someone is safekeeping, severed away from me. And that would absolutely destroy me, and that’s considering that it’s actually the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I also didn’t want the memories of the quest with paranormals killing me, to break down the wall. Or else, I just might be stuck in my room forever, staring at the roof, with no one coming to me. Not even…
It was hard; I can tell that the memories were slowly breaking me down. I just wanted to be normal and not deal with the memories, and just keep up with the studies that my parents enforce upon me every day. And I just wanted to hope that I can make the first day of school that started tomorrow. I didn’t want to have any weird dreams, which they somehow tell me something. I didn’t want to hear any more prophetic poems somehow entering my brain. I just wanted to dance and take care of the flowers in the greenhouse. I just wanted to be me.
And yet, I was falling, and falling. My fear was skyrocketing as I didn’t know what will be at the ground, as I didn’t even know if I’ll land on my feet on the sturdy ground. I could feel myself slowly breaking apart, and slowly threatening that I won’t be me.
Gosh, I needed Rain. He seemed to be the normal one of us, and my lifeline. He always kept me on my feet, pushing me forward. I just wanted to be in his arms again, just wanted to cry on his shoulder, while he comforted me. I wanted him to do some random tricks to do with his power. I wanted to smile, and be normal.
I
Just
                        Wanted
    Him.
But where was he? 





0 comments:

Post a Comment